Monday, July 23, 2012

3. Things

My mom dyed her hair blond one year I don't know what possessed her to do so.  She came to pick me up at the bus and I barely recognized her.  She was almost always on time and I looked and looked and couldn't find her.  I was looking for her beautiful auburn hair when finally looking right at me with a big smile on her face, I realized that is was my mom.  It didn't last long, I don’t know if she decided that blonde's didn’t have more fun or if my dad told her he really didn’t like it.  After a while her beautiful auburn hair was back to normal.  Funny though, because I always wanted her color hair and I wind up with the blond hair.  Complete tow head when I was younger.  I tried going red once, but it did not suit me at all.

Funny how we always want what someone else has.  The curly hair when yours is straight, blond when yours is brown.  And the big house on the hill that comes with all the extra work when all you have is the little track house at the end of a cul-de-sac.  Having that big house or that boat, or the motorhome is not what makes you happy.  It is the family and friends that surround you that really make your life worth living.   That’s the trick to love the life that is your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment